Situated on the edge of the Cathedral city that form's a natural gateway to the Brecon countryside, Hereford stages an average of 16 jumps meetings a year. The course is almost square in shape with a circuit of about a mile-and-a-half.
It opened in 1771 and was greatly modernised in the 1960s, with a photo-finish camera being installed six years later.
Right-hand track of 1 1/2m with a sharp home turn, and a 300yds run-in. There are nine stiffish fences and six hurdles per circuit.